Sunday, June 23, 2019

Entry 5, Dry Spells

I'm sitting here looking over the various dating apps of mine.  I see 3 women who haven't responded in 2 weeks or more.  This means that there's something more to their absence than simply being "busy". I'll write them off as ghosts.  One woman told me she wasn't feeling anything romantic with me.  That's funny because we haven't even met...not sure how romance can be had with some text messages here and there.  So that one's out.  There's 1 woman who went weird after a couple of days of messenging.  I bowed out of that one.  No, I didn't ghost.  I told her I'm not 420 friendly and don't drink.  Anyway, yeah, I think my options are gone right now.

This is the third time in my dating efforts that I hit a dry spell.  The first time I actually concluded I had seen all the locally available women on these apps and figured I was back to having friends and family set me up.  I stopped checking my apps for almost 2 months.  On a particularly boring night I signed back in and found a few dozen profiles I hadn't seen before.  I remember feeling quite relieved at that.  The second dry spell didn't bother me nearly as much and I had a date after a month of nothing. 

Now that I am at my third, the surprise is absent, but I am just a little annoyed.  Annoyed at the number of fake profiles, annoyed at those whining about the absence of real men, and annoyed I probably won't have a date next weekend, LoL!  No, it's not that annoying although I did groan after looking at my apps this afternoon.  I wonder how long this drought will last?

No comments:

Post a Comment