Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Entry 2, Delays and a Beginning

I thought it would be easier to post on here, and now I've found myself going a whole month without posting anything.  I use the dating apps often, and I go on 2 or 3 dates each month, so I do have much to relate.  Perhaps I should go back and share my first date and hope that will get me writing more frequently.

By September of 2017, I had decided to begin dating again.  I didn't have the intent of finding another wife necessarily, I simply wanted to go on dates and move on from the failed marriage that was handed to me.  I had used dating websites prior to my marriage.  This was back in 2000-2001 and I was able to find an amazing girl and we shared a rewarding relationship for about a year.  I should add it was a LDR or long distance relationship.  We lived about 250 miles apart and learned to make it fun and worthwhile, but LDR's are a topic for another day.  Anyway, my relative success with online dating in the past led me to try again post-marriage.  I found a website, created a profile, and started seeking.

In November of that same year I was trading notes with an attractive lady.  Let's refer to her as Lady1.  Our exchange of notes was about daily in frequency.  Nothing long winded, just simple notes sharing bits of who we are and about our past.  After about 2 weeks, we decided we needed to meet.  We agreed to a public location and the date was set.  This was my first date in years and yet I felt comfortable and excited.  I arrived at the place and noticed she was already there.  I approached her and introduced myself.  Within seconds I received a look that's difficult to describe here in words, but I immediately knew she was NOT interested.

In my mind, I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and continue with the date even though a part of me was screaming, "you know what this is, get out, GET OUT!" We had planned to go for a walk together and that's what we did.  30 minutes of awkwardness.  Afterwards, I thanked her for meeting with me and said I'd be in touch.  On my drive back to work, I realized she had said 5 words--FIVE!  Yeah, she's not interested. 

My family was excited to hear how it went.  I related what had happened and many said maybe this lady was just having an off day.  I sent Lady1 a message that night thanking her for the meeting.  I also shared that I felt she seemed distant or off but that I wanted to continue visiting.  I never heard from her again.

I'll never know for sure why Lady1 so quickly lost interest.  She had seen current pics of me and we seemed to have a connection, judging from the notes we were sharing.  And yet, within seconds of meeting me, she had checked out.  It could be said my first date was a failure, but it didn't diminish how I felt coming into this date and I was excited to continue my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment